Full time students

If you’re a full time university or degree level student with children you may be eligible for help with the cost of childcare.

The Childcare Grant pays a percentage of your childcare costs. You need to have a dependent child under 15, or under 17 with special educational needs. Your child will need to be in registered or approved childcare. You will not have to repay the grant.

Whether you’re eligible for the funding depends on a number of factors. For more details and to get an application form you can visit this government information page or call Student Finance England on 0845 300 50 90.

Part time students

If you’re a part time university or degree level student you may be eligible to apply for a part time childcare grant.

You can apply using the college’s Higher Education Student Support (HESS) application form. The form is available from reception at your nearest campus from October onwards.

You can contact the college guidance service for more information.


The college has nurseries at Moston and Openshaw Campuses. They provide a safe, friendly environment for children aged six months and up.