This qualification covers activities within the motor industry that relate to vehicle parts personnel working with a wide range vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist vehicle parts outlets.
The qualification covers all the needs for today's motor industry:
- All aspects of health and safety, maintaining positive relationships and good housekeeping
- Contributing to a secure workplace
- Coordinating the storage of parts
- Processing payment transactions
- Sourcing and ordering parts for stock
- Resolving customer service problems
- Understanding how the above procedures operate
Other skills that may be covered are:
- Coordinating stocktaking
- Communicating electronically
- Supporting customer service improvements
- Providing specialist support in helping customers make purchases
- Maximising product sales
- Planning, monitoring and adjusting staffing levels and schedules
- Contributing to continuous improvements
The course is assessed through evidence collected from the workplace. There are online end tests and written assessments for each unit.
What will I be able to do after I've completed this course?
This qualification can enhance career opportunities within the automotive industry.
What qualifications or experience do I need to do this course?
This diploma is a work based qualification and is suitable for those who work within the vehicle parts sector. Applicants must have a work placement to undertake this course.
Which qualification will I be awarded if I successfully complete the Vehicle Parts Competence course?
You will be awarded a level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence by the Institute of the Motor Industry.