This qualification covers activities within the motor industry that relate to vehicle parts personnel working with a wide range vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist vehicle parts outlets.
The qualification covers all the needs for today's motor industry:
- All aspects of health and safety, maintaining positive relationships and good housekeeping
- Contributing to a secure workplace
- Coordinating the storage of parts
- Processing payment transactions
- Sourcing and ordering parts for stock
- Resolving customer service problems
- Understanding how the above procedures operate
Other skills that may be covered are:
- Coordinating stocktaking
- Communicating electronically
- Supporting customer service improvements
- Providing specialist support in helping customers make purchases
- Maximising product sales
- Planning, monitoring and adjusting staffing levels and schedules
- Contributing to continuous improvements
The course is assessed through evidence collected from the workplace. There are online end tests and written assessments for each unit.
What will I be able to do after I've completed this course?
This qualification can enhance career opportunities within the automotive industry.
What qualifications or experience do I need to do this course?
This diploma is a work based qualification and is suitable for those who work within the vehicle parts sector. Applicants must have a work placement to undertake this course.
Which qualification will I be awarded if I successfully complete the Vehicle Parts Competence course?
You will be awarded a level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence by the Institute of the Motor Industry.
Part time (day)
How much will the course cost me?
You can call our Course Enquiry Team on 0161 203 2100 for details of the fees for this course.