Search for higher level courses you may progress to.
|Leaflet Number:||566||Course Code:||CR6313-01|
|Awarding body:||Education Development International plc (EDI)|
This course is suitable for taxi drivers who wish to demonstrate a higher level of practical ability and capability. Built around the National Occupational Standards developed by GoSkills, the course includes a range of units designed to reflect the competences that are deemed crucial by the industry.
Units covered include:
- Ensuring health and safety in the workplace
- Driving taxi and private hire vehicles safely
- Providing professional customer service
- Dealing effectively with difficult passengers
- Dealing with emergencies and incidents during a journey
- Providing a transport service to people who need assistance
- Transporting children and young people
- Developing and maintaining work skills
- Planning routes in the passenger transport industry
The qualification is achieved by providing proof of competence, completing class work and undergoing 'in vehicle' driving observations.
On completion of this course, you could go on to complete further training to become a taxi driver trainer or an assessor.
Applicants must be aged 21 or over, must hold a Local Authority Taxi or Private Hire driver's license. In addition, taxi driving must be their only or main source of income.
You will be awarded an EDI Level 2 Certificate in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi).
The fee for this course is approximate and subject to change.The price includes tuition and materials fees (where applicable), but excludes any exam or registration fees (where applicable). The actual amount you pay may also be affected by your age and personal circumstances. For further details please visit our fees and finance section. Once you're enrolled, you must pay all programme costs in full, even if you decide to leave the programme early. College fees are not refundable.