What's the Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi) course about?
This course is suitable for taxi drivers who wish to demonstrate a higher level of practical ability and capability. Built around the National Occupational Standards developed by GoSkills, the course includes a range of units designed to reflect the competences that are deemed crucial by the industry.
Units covered include:
- Ensuring health and safety in the workplace
- Driving taxi and private hire vehicles safely
- Providing professional customer service
- Dealing effectively with difficult passengers
- Dealing with emergencies and incidents during a journey
- Providing a transport service to people who need assistance
- Transporting children and young people
- Developing and maintaining work skills
- Planning routes in the passenger transport industry
The qualification is achieved by providing proof of competence, completing class work and undergoing 'in vehicle' driving observations.
What will I be able to do after I've completed this course?
On completion of this course, you could go on to complete further training to become a taxi driver trainer or an assessor.
What qualifications or experience do I need to do this course?
Applicants must be aged 21 or over, must hold a Local Authority Taxi or Private Hire driver's license. In addition, taxi driving must be their only or main source of income.
Which qualification will I be awarded if I successfully complete the Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi) course?
You will be awarded an EDI Level 2 Certificate in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi).
Part time (day)
How much will the course cost me?
You can call our Course Enquiry Team on 0161 203 2100 for details of the fees for this course.